Here is a list of the wikis that refer specifically to Microsoft Access, however, a great many ideas from other areas, such as SQL Server, can be transferred to Access, so don’t stop here! You can also post in our forums (Access VBA & Jet SQL, Access Forms & Reports), if you need any help, or would like to help others.
It is important to remember that Access uses the Jet database, for the most part, but both halves of this union, Jet and Access, can be used separately. It is something I often forget
DAO is the preferred method for working with Jet through Access, however there are some things that need ADO, such as the decimal data type. In addition ADO is useful for working with Jet when you do not wish to use Access.
- ADO Schemas
- Access, ADO and Stored Procedures
- Access, DDL and Constraints
- Linking Tables via Jet and ADO
This section includes some fun and useful information for manipulating Access modules and working with code.
Data / Checking Data
Here you will find some notes on getting decent data into your database.
- Comparing Words: Levenshtein Distance
- Determine Field Type
- Get the ID of a Newly Inserted Record
- Parsing Fullname Values in Access
- Proper Case
- Simple Maths, Wrong Answers
- Using Regular Expressions For Pattern Matching in Access
This is, for the most part, the database in Access rather than the Jet database by itself.
- Access, Script and Relationships
- Add a Display Control (Checkbox, Combobox) to a YesNo Field
- Create New Database (mdb)
- Custom Database Properties Creation and Use
- Setting Start-Up Options Using VBA
- Using VBScript to Change Link Datasource
Forms and Reports
There is no point having a database if you let users get their hands on it, you need forms Here you will find some notes on these.
- Allow the User to Select Multiple Records for Processing
- Highlight Current Row on a Continuous Form
- Open a Form or Report in an External Database
- SendKeys Work-Around for Vista
- Subform Record Counter
- Test for Form Data
- Using a Variable or Number to Refer to a Field or Control
This is a list of functions that appear in the wiki, a number of them may have been better under other headings, but there you go.
- Active Form or Active Subform?
- Aggregate Median (UDF)
- Checking URLs
- Combine Two Files (Concatenate)
- Concatenate a List into a Single Field (Column)
- Domain Aggregate Functions
- File, Folder, Drive Exists
- Listbox: Does an Item Exist
- Luhn’s Algorithm in Visual Basic
- Most Recently Created File in a Folder
- Ordinal Suffixes for Dates (st, nd, rd, th)
- Table, Query, Form, Report, Module Exists
Access works well with other Office Applications.
- Access and Email
- Create Outlook Appointment, Shared Folder
- Create and Assign Outlook Task
- Display Word Document In Form
- Import All Excel Worksheets to Separate Tables in Access
- FTP in Access
- Output Access / Jet to XML
- Output Access To CSV From VBScript
- Transfer Access Database or Table to MySQL
Just the one at the moment, and it is quite weird.