This is just a quick post letting you know that Microsoft has announced the SQL Server Migration Assistant for MySQL This tool is available for download now.
Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) 2008 is a toolkit that dramatically cuts the effort, cost, and risk of migrating from MySQL to SQL Server 2008 and SQL Azure. SSMA 2008 for MySQL v1.0 CTP1 provides an assessment of migration efforts as well as automates schema and data migration.
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista; Windows XP
SSMA 2008 for MySQL v1.0 CTP1 is designed to work with MySQL 4.1, 5.0 and 5.1 and all editions of SQL Server 2008 or SQL Azure.
Requirements for the SSMA for MySQL client:
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 or a later version
- The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or a later version. The .NET Framework version 2.0 is available on the SQL Server 2008 product media. You can also obtain it from the .NET Framework Developer Center.
- MySQL Connector/ODBC v5.1.
- Access to and sufficient permissions on the computer that hosts the target instance of SQL Server 2008 or SQL Azure database.
- 1 GB RAM. You can download the SQL Server Migration Assistant for MySQL here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=69739c8c-ac82-41de-b9e6-8fa5ae2594d9&displaylang=en