Last week I switched from Windows 8 to Ubuntu 14.04 because Win 8 was constantly freezing my machine and is a shitty Operating system for the desktop.

So now was the time to play a bit more with mono and monodevelop.

Here are my steps to get it working.

Some of it I got from here and some from http://superuser.com/questions/309168/error-visual-basic-net-compiler-not-found-mono-2-6-7-first-mononet-app.

Bash
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
sudo apt-get install git automake gnome-sharp2 mono-xsp4
 
git clone https://github.com/mono/monodevelop.git
 
cd monodevelop
 
sudo apt-get install libglade2.0-cil-dev
 
sudo apt-get install monodoc-base
 
sudo apt-get install monodevelop mono-vbnc
 
./configure -–profile=stable
 
sudo make 
sudo apt-get install git automake gnome-sharp2 mono-xsp4

git clone https://github.com/mono/monodevelop.git

cd monodevelop

sudo apt-get install libglade2.0-cil-dev

sudo apt-get install monodoc-base

sudo apt-get install monodevelop mono-vbnc

./configure -–profile=stable

sudo make 

And when all that is done. You can.

Bash
1
sudo make run
sudo make run

Now you can create a new consoleapplication.

Screenshot from 2014-06-24 11:18:35

And see the magic happen when we click the run button.

Screenshot from 2014-06-24 11:18:50
And now you are wondering where your output is.
So was I.
I was stumped.
But not to worry it is there in the bash window which you used to do make run.

Screenshot from 2014-06-24 11:21:57

All’s well that ends well.