The SQL Server 2012 RC0 is finally here! The news of this today is bringing many hopes that SQL Server 2012 release in RTM form will be on time so we as SQL Server Professionals can take ahold of this major new version in the life of SQL Server.
Key parts of this impressive version of SQL Server include
- Deliver required uptime and data protection with AlwaysOn
- Gain breakthrough & predictable performance with ColumnStore Index
- Help enable security and compliance with new User-defined Roles and Default Schema for Groups
- Enable rapid data discovery for deeper insights across the organization with ColumnStore Index
- Ensure more credible, consistent data with SSIS improvements, a Master Data Services add-in for Excel, and new Data Quality Services
- Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with Data-tier Application Component (DAC) parity with SQL Azure and SQL Server Data Tools for a unified dev experience across database, BI, and cloud functions
Reference: Overview http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28145
You can find the download at, “SQL Server 2012 Release Candidate 0 (RC0)”. I encourage anyone to download and learn the new features, improved internals and features and all around new version.