Use the power of linq
Create a form with some controls on it and a textbox called textbox1.
then but this in the load event of the form
- IEnumerable<Control> query = from p in this.Controls.OfType<Control>() orderby p.TabIndex select p;
- foreach (Control c in query)
- textBox1.AppendText(c.TabIndex + " " + c.Name + Environment.NewLine);
and you probably need these usings.
- using System;
- using System.Collections.Generic;
- using System.Linq;
- using System.Windows.Forms;
At first I couldn’t get it to work until I found this LINQ - Query Windows Forms Controls
by Sam Allen and then the light came. I was missing the TypeOf method. This is really cool. No more reflection needed to get that control you realy need.